Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Still Waiting...

Soooo our due date came and went yesterday (surprise, surprise).


 We had a midwife appointment last night and everything still looks great! The best news is that our little guy is fully engaged in my pelvis (never really crossed my mind that such things would one day be so exciting). Here was my friend Whitney's response to the post-midwife appointment update text:



Haha, love her! :)

I'm lying in bed right now because I can't seem to get more than an hour or two of sleep at a time. I figure if I hang out here, I can take full advantage of any sleepy opportunities that may present themselves. It's also still only 8:53am and I think most normal people who don't have to go to work, or have young children are still in bed at this time anyway. One upside to being over-due is that I still belong in this category.

In a recent post I had said that I'd accept any discomforts with open arms because I was concerned that the "loss" of my pregnancy would keep me from fully embracing labor. Well bring. it. on! Last night, Ayden got in the most terrible position! My back was aching in the most indescribable, uncomfortable way and he was shoved up into BOTH sides of my ribs (a first as he's usually considerate enough to only crowd one side at a time). I also was having some mild, yet crampy contractions. To top it all off, it all happened at bed time (and then continued all night long). Needless to say, after another night or two like that I'll totally be on board with my anxious husband and family members who WANT THIS BABY OUT!

But, at almost 9 am on the day after my due date, my comfort level is good again (comparably) and all seems quiet. Now I shall summon the patience that every parent needs to find to let their babies do things in their own time and in their own way. I want to be the best mother I can possibly be so in the spirit of finding the bright side, I shall look at this great waiting game as our first true test. We love this baby so much already and can't wait to have him in our arms but it will be on his own time and in his own way and that is as it should be.
~ Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I'm hoping by now you are a new mommy! I was happy to see you have a blog now. I have been watching your videos on youtube since you started. I hope you continue to make videos and show us little Ayden!
    Blessings, Janel in NJ

    ReplyDelete