Saturday, March 2, 2013

Massage Date

I made breakfast for a change this morning and David loved the new Paleo waffle recipe that I recently found. He usually makes breakfast on the weekends and my taking over today was a refreshing change for both of us.

We went on a date today to have an hour-long couples massage and it was ah-mazing. We both emerged all noodly, oiled up and sporting impressive bed head looks. We ran a couple of errands before and after and were away from our little sweetie for around 4 hours.


David's parents watched him for us and he played and played the whole time. He skipped his nap while he was there and was asleep before we even left the subdivision. He napped in his carseat while David and I ate a super late lunch and when he woke up I nursed him back to sleep (good thing because the girls were FULL by this time) and accidentally fell asleep with him and had a pretty awesome nap myself.

When he woke up he was all out of sorts and stayed that way for a couple of hours. It made us kind of feel like our massage date wasn't worth it after all since missing his nap was what caused the issue. Once he finally cheered up we were back to being glad we did it but in the moment when we were dealing with our super moody toddler it seemed bigger than it was.

Since we had such a late lunch, we decided to skip dinner tonight so we had the night off from cooking and kitchen cleanup which we definitely enjoy every now and then! Here it is, almost 10:00 pm and Ayden is just now going to bed for the night. We just need to keep reminding ourselves that he'll get himself back on schedule and that stealing some time away alone together is worth it, even if it doesn't completely feel like it...

Today didn't feel like a Saturday so I am very excited that we have another day to our weekend!

Have you and your special someone ever had a couple's massage? What did you think?

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I've had a massage but never a couples massages.

    We sent my parents away for their 30th wedding anniversary and got them a couples massage, my mother loved it but my Dad's never had another woman touch him so he was very uncomfortable, lol.

    But for some reason they also separated them! I was a bit upset to hear that. Did they separate you two?

    ReplyDelete