Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Trying New Things

Yesterday was a day of new things. Ayden woke up with real live bed head:

FINALLY getting enough hair for it!
I tried a new breakfast recipe:


Ingredients:
1 banana
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch Celtic sea salt
2 Tbsp softened coconut butter
toppings of choice (I chose Paleo Crunch Cereal and frozen blueberries)

Directions:
Mash banana with cinnamon, salt and coconut butter.
Microwave or warm on stove top.
Add mix ins.
ENJOY!

And we tried out the local dog park in our little town. It was actually just as nice as the one we would take Mav to in our old, bigger town.

I felt extremely accomplished by the end of the day yesterday. It was one of those days where everything just fell into place. It all started with me making a realistic to do list and going to bed early the night before. The extra couple hours of sleep made a HUGE difference! I probably won't be able to make it a regular thing, since I would have to trade in my "me time" for it, but every now and then will definitely do me some good. Since I went to bed so early, I set an alarm for 7 am. I figured with the extra sleep, I'd be able to get up before Ayden and get ready for the day. Ayden was nursing for his first morning session when my alarm went off and we were both out of bed at 7:30. We got to hug David goodbye before he left for work and I had already conquered half of my to do list by the time we usually get up.

The whole day went on like that and I got everything I wanted to accomplished except for one thing. I made that the first thing that I did today. I wish there could be some way for me to stay ahead of my to dos like I am right now, but for some reason it always gets sabotaged.

Today was chilly, rainy and windy so we stayed in. Ayden and my mom have a new "tickle bug" game so Ayden follows her around making his own tickle monster with his little hand outstretched saying, "ti-ta, ti-ta, ti-ta" and it is adorable! He has also started "singing" "The Itsy Bitsy Spider"


Well, he's got the very last part anyway :).

 ~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment