Since we are mostly settled into our cottage I thought I could manage some new goals to work towards this month:
- Work on being more of a forward thinker. I would love to have cards in the mail and gifts made/purchased before I need them. I'd also like to be able to look ahead to plan fun stuff for special days (like free, local Independence Day fun).
- Go to bed a little earlier. Ayden is waking a little earlier since it is brighter in the cottage than in our windowless bedroom at my parents'. I like having the extra couple of hours in my day but need to get to bed a little earlier so I feel more rested.
- Go swimming! Ayden is such a water baby, we know he will love swimming. We just need to make the effort to take him.
- Farmer's market! The markets are in full swing now so it is time to add a stop there before my grocery run. We have a few days/markets to choose from. The plan is to go and get some yummy produce (hopefully meat too) to supplement our own garden harvests, then come home and meal plan around our findings, then go back out to purchase remaining items as needed. Perhaps even run out the next day or David can always stop at a grocery on his way home from work. We need to support the folks we are trying to join in this journey of ours!
- Finish getting settled in the cottage. The upstairs (office and playroom) looks like storage at the moment. Our back yard shed could used some rearranging as well. We are working in a little bit everyday and slowly getting systems in place. We'll continue to do this and hopefully will get it all knocked out before August.
- Garage sale/donations. We had a small period of time where we only brought our essentials over to the cottage. Once we brought everything else, we realized just how much too much stuff can really clutter up a space and our lives. This one may have to be next month since we'll be purging as we get settled this month but we will be making piles and sorting during the process.
Okay, your turn! What are you hoping to accomplish in the month of July?