Friday, May 9, 2014

Making Room For Baby

Here we are with only 16ish weeks until Logan joins our little family and we hadn't done a single thing to prepare for him until today!

He now has his own picture frame on our wall!
That counts as preparing for him, right??
Just his ultrasound pic for now...
(fun fact: that rickety old thermostat is the ONLY one for this house...)
I have been waiting for it and have officially been hit by the nesting bug.  Nesting is going to look a bit different for me this time around.  For Ayden we were decorating a nursery and I was researching and purchasing cloth diapers like crazy.  We also had the fun of registering for our showers, reading stroller reviews to compare makes and models, etc, etc.  This time we aren't preparing a nursery since Logan will be in our room for at least a year if not two like Ayden, I plan to just use all of Ayden's diapers and have even had someone lend me their barely used newborn stash since Ayden was a bit small for the pre-folds we used with him. I have a running list of things to buy but most of the stuff is for me (more of my all time favorite undercover mama nursing tanks, bamboobies nursing pads, at least one more of my favorite nursing bras if not two (though they are pretty pricey) and some mama cloth.  There is a lot on my mind and I'm trying to wrap my head around when and how I'm going to get it all done.  I seem to have figured out a great system of keeping up with the house and day to day to do's but am having a hard time finding time to do extra projects.  I used to give up sleep for that but I gave that up because it's just not a healthy thing to do, especially when pregnant.

16 weeks sounds like a lot of time yet so little all at the same time.  The good thing about it all is that with the way we parent in the 1st year, our babies really don't require more than diapers, a place to sleep, baby wearing gear and my boobs.  When I think about it that way, all of the other stuff doesn't seem that important.  I just need to do what I can and just realize that even if I don't get to it before his arrival the rest will fall into place in good time.

Running a house building related errand for Daddy today!
Starting on the subfloor!


David's goal for the house is to get it dried in, meaning walls up and roof on, by the time Logan gets here.  He is going to take some time off from building after he's born while we adjust and bond as a family so it would be nice to not have to worry about it sitting there while we take the time we need.  On the other hand, it does add a bit of pressure.  He's trying to keep my same perspective of doing what he can and letting the rest go until we can get around to accomplishing it.  It will all come together in the end.

How was nesting different for you for additional babies?

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "5 Mother's Day Gift Ideas {and a bonus tutorial}
And two years ago today: "Moving Right Along"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

3 comments:

  1. I am also 24 weeks and with my first I basically had everything bought by this point, but all I have bought so far is a double stroller and newborn prefolds and covers. I also got a changing table becausr I never bought one with my first. I am waiting for my baby shower before buying clothes, I learned that with my first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undercover mama has a sale for moms this weekend... I just bought two more. I went and watched your review from a few years ago again to see how you used the clasps and then decided i sincerely miss your videos. Any plans to vlog again??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a positive attitude. I admire that about you :)

    ReplyDelete