Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

We spent the whole day prepping for my family's New Year's Eve party. We are taking some bacon-wrapped dates, a double batch of our venison chili, and some Paleo red velvet cupcakes with coconut honey frosting. Yum!

Ayden still has a crazy, runny nose and a cough but his temperature feels back to normal to me. David got me this awesome book for Christmas:

source

And under herbal cold remedies it recommended ecanasia and goldenseal for immune boosting properties. For children under 2 years the recommended dosage is 2-3 drops dissolved in 1/4 cup of water, breast milk, or other form of liquid.

Daddy found it at Whole Foods!
I warmed up some chicken broth and David sat with Ayden and encouraged him to drink it all. Coincidence or not, Ayden got some pep in his step and gave us a good couple of hours of independent play while David and I made all of our food.

Ayden likes to "help" us cook now.
We just arrived at my parents' house and since festivities will go until the wee hours of tomorrow morning I'll be giving you the recap of Ayden's first New Year in tomorrow's post.

I will leave you with a baby belly flashback from last year.

Don't worry, it was sparkling cider :)
2012 brought us so many wonderful things but I think it is safe to say that becoming parents was, hands down, our absolute favorite. Here's to the start of a new year!! We are so excited to find out what is in store.

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment