Thursday, June 12, 2014

Keeping Kids Occupied

It was leotard rehearsal day!  I actually do not have any students in the main show so my main purpose for being there other than moral support for my sister was the alumni dance that I am a part of and helping keep the kids occupied.  As I was leaving the house today I skimmed all of Ayden's toys for things that would keep a wide age range of kids semi-quietly entertained for long periods of time.  The winners were balloons, a ping pong ball, flashlights and a play-doh kit that came with several colors of play-doh and LOTS of tools, molds, utensils, etc.  



The rehearsal went on without a hitch and we were able to easily keep tabs on all of our little ones.  We didn't get home until 10:30 and Ayden was still going even when we put him to bed.  We have to be back at the venue at 11:30 in the morning for solo dress rehearsal.  I have no idea how Ayden's nap will work out...  It will probably involve the car/stroller since we will be nowhere near his bed at nap time.  I'll also take the Ergo just in case.  We always have to fly by the seat of our pants during this time of year!

David build the headers for the windows and doors for the side walls while we were dancing the night away.  



It was a long day and night for him too!  He washed the dishes for me while I wrote this post and now we are going to fall into bed ourselves.  Just keep swimming, right??  

~Sarah

Flashaback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Sorting It All Out"
And two years ago today: "It's That Time Again"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar

1 comment:

  1. Yes, just keep swimming! You all do so much in a day's time. I don't know how you get it all done :)

    ReplyDelete