Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cousins, Cousins Everywhere

We started networking in the local farm community today. It is starting to feel real and we are excited. My number one piece of advice for anyone starting something new would be to surround yourself with people who are on a similar path or have a similar mindset. Being around a group of other local farmers who were all excited about all the same things we are working towards and actually doing what we hope to do was encouraging, motivating and down right enjoyable.

As I watched Ayden explore the dirt and toddle around the various gardens that we visited on our "field day" I became so excited that he was going to grow up on the same farm that I did. For a family that puts so much pride into how we fuel out bodies, I am excited that we will be able to include Ayden in every step of the process for where his food comes from.


We ended the evening with a cousin play date! My sister and her husband went out to dinner with some friends and we watched their two kids, our 3 year old nephew and our niece who is just 4 months older than Ayden. She and Ayden really love each other and played really well together while they were here. They spent a lot of time hunting for Polly, both saying "Ki ki ki ki" over and over in high pitched voices while they searched. So funny!

"Is she in the window?  No..."


Sleepy nephew
They are used to staying up later than Ayden so we tried to let him stay up to play for as long as he wanted but he didn't make it. David played with my sister's kids upstairs while I put Ayden to bed. We had no bedtime playing tonight, he was so tired that he fell asleep as soon as he started nursing. So sweet. Tomorrow will be a work day for us and we hope to make a lot of progress with getting the rest of our stuff sorted and situated. We will be glad when it is all taken care of!

~Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, i've been reading your blog for a while after I found your youtube videos about the moby wrap when I was pregnant with my second. She's three months old now :) Just wanted to say I wish you all the best on your adventure with setting up life for you all on the farm this year! I love what you said about surrounding yourself with like minded people. Isn't that the truth.

    Also, I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction of some posts that you've written on co sleeping? I don't know if you've talked about it in great detail in the past? Thanks.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email address is leahvictoria@gmail.com just incase it is easier to contact me through there!! Thanks Sarah!

      Delete
    2. I am sorry it has taken me so long to reply! I am not sure that I have dedicated posts to co-sleeping alone. I am also terrible at adding labels/tags to posts so I am afraid that I am not sure I could even track down any that may have mentioned it. Since I don't have a post dedicated to it, I'd be happy to write one and address any questions you might have!

      Delete