Tuesday, June 25, 2013

5 Happy Things: Joy Filled Life

In a world that can sometimes be negative or so fast paced that you don't have time to stop and smell the roses, it is important to take some time to reflect on all of the good in your life.  Here are 5 happy things that have been filling my life with joy recently:

1)  Eating food from our garden!  We've been enjoying lettuce, radishes, kholrabi, cucumbers, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, snap peas and turnips.  It is hard to explain but it means so much to fuel our bodies with produce we've grown ourselves.  It means even more to fuel Ayden's body with it!


2)  Dining al fresco on the porch at the cottage.  Fresh air, bird song and plenty of entertainment.


3) Ayden's love for music and dancing. This video pretty much sums up why it makes us happy:



4) Our new, slower pace.  We are getting closer to that simple life we've been striving for!

Time to soak in and cherish the little things.
Nightly Yoga dates with the hubs.  It's a pretty great way to unwind together after Ayden goes to bed.

Our favorite Yoga app.
I challenge you to think of 5 happy things right now and list them below!  Lets keep the love flowing.

~Sarah


2 comments:

  1. 1...Slow summer mornings with my babies. (Whom are no longer babies)
    2...planning my daughter's sweet 16 party this week..a rustic yet sophisticated picnic!
    3...A best friend, who's always 'got my back'.
    4...changing..growing...and being aware of it. Living intentionally.
    5...the sea of yellow flowers in my garden...which make me smile when I come home to my crazy life <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Weekends with my husband and baby girl
    2. Alone time and workouts during the evenings with my husband
    3. Family gatherings
    4. Watching Nancy blossom into a smart beautiful girl
    5. Traveling each year to Colorado for vacation

    My comment is a bit late, but I was in the mood to share.

    ReplyDelete