Tuesday, September 10, 2013

New Life

Breakfast date with my little man!
I got a text this morning from my dear friend, and Ayden's birthday buddy, that she was in labor!!  She has been on my mind a lot lately because her estimated due date was September 1st so we knew she and her hubby would be welcoming their sweet baby P into the world any day. Once I got her text I felt nervous and excited for the rest of the day. Childbirth stirs up a lot of feelings and emotions for me and I wanted to send as much positive thinking and energy her way as I could until I got news of a safe delivery. 

 The day has gone on and I am still sending positive thoughts their way.  I got an update around 5:00 pm but I haven't received news of a delivery as I type this at 8:30 pm. I know first hand what long labors are like so I am reminding myself not to worry unless I hear of a reason to. Long does not necessarily mean anything is going wrong. I am excited for our friends and also empathetic because long labors are so exhausting for everyone involved. I just hope that by tomorrow, their little family is happy, healthy and all together!

In other news, I have another friend who had her 2nd baby a couple of weeks ago. We met up at a La Leche League meeting and Ayden and I got to meet her little girl for the first time. 



Ayden was so sweet with her. He was pointing out her ears and nose and kept wrapping his little hand around her waist like he was holding her too. We finally let him "hold" her (more like me rest her on his lap) but he liked it. He fussed when we put her in her carseat like he does when I put his favorite cockatiel back in the aviary at the pet store. I can definitely say that it helped clear some of my confusion about whether or not I am ready for another baby. That doesn't mean that I'm ready right now but it showed me a glimpse of what it would be like to see Ayden with a newborn sibling and it was very sweet. 

Babies, babies everywhere. Please take a moment to send some positive vibes to my dear friend, Jess, who is in labor. She is who is on my mind tonight and I am just hoping she's holding her baby girl soon if she's not already!

Did you have a long labor?  Share your story! You can read mine here if you haven't already, or if you are a birth story junkie like me and just want to read it again. 

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Beach Boy"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.




4 comments:

  1. Love seeing you two "practice" with a newborn!

    My first labor was long. I labored at home for 37 hours before going in and then in the hospital for another 24 before they finally ordered a c-section. I was 10 cm dilate for the last 9 hours but my son couldn't engage in my birth canal. I had a pelvic injury at 17 and my chiropractor warned me of this possibility many years ago.

    I had a scheduled c-section with my second. Didn't want to put either of us through that torture. Baby no 3 will be a c-section baby too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a c-section after 3 hrs of pushing. My pubic bone was too narrow. A c-section is very painful. You are so lucky you were able to avoid one. Great birth story. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have two, they are four years and two years. I found the transition easier having our second, than going from 0 to 1 baby wise. I already was prepared for what to do and how to look for babies signs of hunger, sleep, or it was just gas. Luckily my son who is the elder of my two was very patient and helpful. Which made our transition that much easier. Now that they are active toddlers, they play and get along so well. We don't plan on a third baby. My husband and I are content with two kids. I hope if and or when it happens for your family it's a smooth transition. I could tell of my labors and deliveries, but I'm not good at putting that kind of thing in writing. I enjoy engaging in conversations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first son took 18 hours start to finish. He was a big boy at 10 lbs! I delivered at home, and honestly believe I'd have been told I needed a c-section if I was in the hospital. Thankfully my midwives were incredibly supportive and helped me believe I could do it! Our second was also born at home, but in only 4 hours start to finish! And honestly, the real stuff happened all in an hour, I think. He flew out on the bathroom floor..and my midwife made it with just 5 minutes to spare. Very exciting and pretty scary, honestly. But it's all worth it!! :)

    ReplyDelete