Thursday, September 5, 2013

Right Place, Right Time

Today was super chill. I didn't really have any errands to run so we went to story time, fed our duck friends, and had lunch. 


Then we want for a walk/jog at the park then I read while Ayden took his nap. 


When he woke up, we played on the playground. Sand, swings, slides, tunnels, climbing, running. All kinds of fun!  Our last stop was the pet store. Ayden pet his favorite cockatiel and we held a rabbit. We saw the hamsters sleeping and the mice running like crazy in their wheel. The cats were playing and the puppies were barking. Ayden was in hog heaven.  We got some dog food and Ayden picked out a pig ear for Maverick. The pet store is such an amazing, free field trip!  That is...  If you make it out without a puppy or something. Haha!

When we got home, we had dinner and took a long walk to my parent's house. We scoped out our future land (we are waiting on a few signatures of distant relatives before we can legally call it ours), fed the horses some grass and said hi to my Dad (Mom was at work). Then we walked home. 


All in all the day was SUPER fun for us. The only thing that was out of the ordinary was how we randomly got asked to be photographed for a baby wearing article in a local green living magazine!!!  

There we were, eating lunch, and a girl I had seen around storytime walked up to us along with a photographer and said, "You baby wear, right?"  I told her that we did and she then told me that they were having the photo shoot and not many moms showed up.  She added that there weren't any boys or toddlers even and wanted to know if we'd pose for a few pictures. Usually Thursdays are when I dress up a little and do things like curl my hair. Today I was feeling lazy and wanted to exercise and play at the park so I ponytailed it and wore my fitness gear. Awesome day for a photo shoot... NOT!  They said it would actually be perfect because they wanted to show different kinds of moms and different scenarios so I agreed and that is what we spent the next couple of hours doing.  We modeled an Ergo, a Kelty hiking backpack and a wrap of some sort (similar to a Moby but I can't remember the brand). I am excited to see how the spread turns out!  If I can, I'll share a picture or two once they are released. We were just in the right place at the right time and also just happened to have very little on our agenda today. Going with the flow can definitely leave room for spontaneity!  

Have you ever been in the right place at the right time and were able to do something fun and unexpected?

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Ayden Gets A Girlfriend"

(We are excited again because he'll be getting another girlfriend any time now. Ayden's birthday buddy was due on September 1st and we are all waiting patiently for their little girl to join the world too!!)

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.



1 comment:

  1. I have an amazing kelty backpack for sale if you would like picures and details!

    ReplyDelete