Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ayden Gets A Girlfriend

Dance started back this week and this year I teach on Wednesday nights.

Before lunch, Ayden helped me do some laundry,


accompanied Maverick and me during our usual morning walk,



 and played while I got ready.



After lunch we hit up Target in hopes to find some capri leggings for me to teach in. I did find some leggings (for only $8!) but they weren't fitness leggings. If I can find a dance top that's a little longer then I'll wear them to teach in but if not, they'll still be a great addition to my fall wardrobe.

I left a little early so I'd have time for a little visit with my parents before teaching and then we spent the rest of our afternoon at the studio. I teach 3:30-6:30. Ayden slept all the way from Target to my parents' house and then some. I fed him right before I left to head to the studio so I was hoping he'd make it my full three hours. Lucky for me, he did great! He just played with his toys, practiced his standing and watched/flirted with all the pretty dancers.

 
I was really proud of how independent he was while I taught. He did fall asleep on my assistant about a half hour before I got done but sleeping is better than fussing or being clingy so I can't complain!

When we got home, David had the ingredients for dinner prepped so all we had to do was cook it and we were ready to turn in for the night. When we got home, Ayden seemed to have discovered his new top tooth because he was exploring it by grinding his teeth. It was making the most horrid sound and gave David and me the heebee jeebee's.


After dinner, David played with Ayden while I cleaned up then it was bath and bedtime. Being back to teaching dance will take some adjusting because I have to admit I had gotten used to a consistent evening routine and am not a huge fan of getting home so late.  But I suppose it's only one night a week. We always adapt, and I already get next week off because we'll be on vacation. I guess we could say I'm easing back into it :).

In other news, we just found out that Ayden will be getting a GIRLfriend in January!!! We are so excited for our friends and can't wait to meet their sweet little girl. She and Ayden will only be a year apart so our get togethers are going to be even more exciting. Yay for babies all around!

~Sarah




1 comment:

  1. Yay! That's my baby you're talking about! We're so happy she'll have Ayden to play with! :)

    ReplyDelete