Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!

Having to keep our house in tip top showing shape all the time can be a little stressful at times, especially with shedding pets and a baby. An added bonus, though, is that we came home to a house that was already in order.  All we had to focus on today was unpacking, which was awesome.  Since I meal planned and made our grocery list on the way home last night, the only big thing we did today was grocery shop.  The rest of our time was spent hanging out as a little family. 

I was so tired today.  I'm not sure if traveling with a baby caught up with me or what but I was desperate for a nap.  I sneaked back to bed for about an hour while David played with Ayden and it was glorious!  This was maybe the second time that I've slept without being "on the clock" and it is a very different kind of sleep.  When you know you are in charge of a baby while you are sleeping, you never really SLEEP.  You are restless and wake often to check on your baby (at least that is how it is for me) so when you go to sleep knowing that someone else will tend to your baby's needs you are able to really sleep.  Needless to say, I slept hard for that hour and felt great when I woke up.  The best part was that when David brought Ayden in to nurse a few minutes after I woke up, he was sooo excited to see me.  He gave me his big two tooth grin and was kicking his little legs and reached for me.  It was so cute!

We also managed a run.  I surprised David by suggesting we take a jog when he asked if I wanted to take a walk.  It is usually him suggesting exercise and 9 times out of 10 I am too tired or feel like I have better things to do.  It started raining while we were out and it was fun to be out "playing" in the rain.  We were all wet when we got back.  Ayden didn't seem to be bothered by it at all.  I've never worried too much about getting caught in the rain if it's warm out.  I want to be the kind of mom who takes her kids out to jump in puddles on a rainy day, barring there isn't any lightning of course!

When we got back we made dinner and tried a new recipe!  We made pizza stir fry and it was delicious.  It was also quick and easy which is always nice.  After dinner, Ayden "helped" me do the dishes:

Ayden's naps were both short today.  Polly woke him from his morning nap by jumping into his crib (bad cat!) and his afternoon nap was while David wore him in the Ergo at the grocery.  He has been going to bed between 8 and 9 these days but was asleep by 7:15 tonight!  It probably means that he'll be up early tomorrow but David and I are enjoying some grown up time.  David is feeling a little under the weather and is watching a movie while I am having some sipping chocolate and writing this post.  We are hoping that Ayden's and my little virus didn't make it around to him but only time will tell.  He's taking his immune supporting supplements and drinking lots of water so maybe it won't hit him as hard as it hit us. 

Little Miss starts preschool so I won't be having her anymore, at least not for a while, and dance starts up this week.  This year I'll be teaching for 3 hours on Wednesday nights.  Schedule changes all around!  I can't believe September is already underway but I'm looking forward to fall activities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment