• The obvious, having so much quality time with great friends! We went to the pool, a baseball game, on a long walk, attempted to watch a movie though we all fell asleep, and just hung out. Good times :)
• Having a lot of down time. Sometimes you need to get away from your own life/home in order to relax.
• Seeing Ayden through other people's eyes. We spent most of our visit all sitting on the floor, circled around him while he explored and played. He's a lucky boy with so many people who love and care about him.
• Ayden was so happy that Jess and Adam have not one, but TWO cats to crawl after. One even let Ayden touch him! Probably the biggest highlight in Ayden's opinion.
• Ayden slept better this weekend than he has in a while. He even took a two hour nap this morning and is asleep in the car now.
•Ayden's rash is so close to being gone it's not even funny. I am so proud that I trusted my instinct and stuck with holistic treatments. The more I try, the more I swear by them!
• Heading home with a whole other day to look forward to. Three day weekends are the best!
Lowlights from the weekend:
• Ayden crying on the way down.
• The University of Kentucky (our alma mater) had their first football game of the season and lost 32/14. Not a great start to the season...
• Ayden kept spitting up all over Jess and Adam's house today. They didn't mind but seriously, it can stop any day now!
We, of course, have a big to do list for tomorrow because hyper scheduling our weekends is what we do best :). We'll be meal planning, grocery shopping, and doing a few other things. I hope we manage to carve out some fun as well but with Hurricane Issac making it's way up we'll be getting a lot of rain on our Labor Day.
Did you get a 3 day weekend? How have you filled your days?