Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Jump Into Fun!

For the past couple of months it seemed as though Ayden had put his physical development on hold while he worked on his cognitive skills. He learned his colors (all the colors of the rainbow except indigo + brown, black, pink and peach), and has been working pretty hard on counting. He has also been interested in opposites and understanding positional words (under, over, on top, on bottom, in, out, etc).




Then about a week ago, out of nowhere, he decided to practice his jumping again. After two or three tries he got both feet off the ground at the same time. He was so excited!  He clapped for himself and cheered, "Yay, Anyn!!" I cannot describe the feelings that well up inside me when I see and hear him cheering for himself. I hope he can continue to celebrate his own successes all throughout his life. He worked hard and deserved to feel proud and accomplished. 


As a teacher, I always found it so fascinating to witness my students develop and fine tune a few skills in one area before moving to another. I am even more fascinated by it now as I watch my son follow the same patterns. 

Which area of development does your child seem to be fine tuning at the moment?

PS.  We had some fun stuff going on in the Ladnier household!  I am so excited to share that I was a contributing author to Green Child Magazine this month!  You can check out my article here.  I hope this marks the beginning of great things to come. 

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year who today: "Our Tips For Infant Air Travel"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. I know I shouldn't compare my child to anyone, even my other children, but it is so refreshing to hear about Ayden's milestones because even though my 20 month old is nowhere near learning colors or opposites (let alone verbally speaking many words), he's been hop- hopping around for a month. He's just focusing on the physical milestones for now it seems. ☺

    ReplyDelete