Friday, December 13, 2013

Hurts So Good

We had a successful trip to the gym today!  Ayden didn't even look back as he went in to play with all the other kids. Someone once told us that attachment parenting would rob him of his independence and autonomy. I am positive that it did the opposite.  He is a very confident and independent child in social situations. It makes a mama proud. 

I took a class called Power Hour. It felt really good and I was already sore by dinner time. Hurts so good, right? Haha. 
When I went to pick Ayden up he was crying. They told me he started about 5 minutes earlier when a few of the other kids got picked up. I guess he finally started to wonder where I was. He held me so tight when I pulled him into my arms. I don't get to experience these types of reunions much and have to admit, I liked it. We stayed and played for a bit longer so we could leave on a good note then headed home. He fell asleep for an early nap on the way. 


I guess all the playing wore him out!  He said he waned to go back so we will see if he separates as well next time or not. I was thinking for now, until he gets used to it, I may leave my classes a little early and pick him up before other kids. 

There are pros and cons to working out at home and to being a member of a gym and for now I think we've made the right move!  

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "In and Out"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, how sweet that he missed you. My biggest concern is that my daughter will cry when i leave her. I was so insecure as a child and dread my daughter may be that way inherited. I just hope she is not too attached to me. I love getting away alone or with my husband. Its heartbreaking to be gone knowing my child is crying for me. I decided i would never allow her to sleep with me at anytime and break all attached parenting so she wouldnt become a mommies girl. Attached parenting is what my mom did with me and it didnt work out, i was a mess and cried all the time at babysitters, but i am so glad it works for you. Every kid is different. I think ayden will start getting more comfortable at gym as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete