Friday, February 17, 2012

Lessons In Efficiency

Here I am, 4 weeks into mommy-hood and already learning lessons from Ayden.

Before he got here my days were free and relaxed. We did this on purpose so I could have a low stress pregnancy and so I would have adequate time to prepare and rest. You'd think my free days would have been filled with productivity, right? The thing is, having a day without a schedule or structure would often lead to letting an entire day pass without doing a single thing. "I have all day, I'll do it after I watch this (or 10) YouTube video(s)...". I would always accomplish more on days when I had an appointment or something that made me think, "Okay, I have 30 minutes to complete x, y and z" and I'd knock it all out.

Since becoming a mommy, my whole day is a race against the clock. "Okay, I have an hour until his next feeding, I need to dust and vacuum" or "He could wake up any second, I should switch over the laundry..." etc, etc, etc. Because of this constant race against time I have automatically become a more efficient and productive person (I don't know if my house ever stayed this tidy for this long!).

It's amazing to think that such a tiny person can have such an impact on who you are. I know that he has even more in store for me in the years to come and I am so eager to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment