Monday, February 27, 2012

The Napping House

One of my favorite children's books by my favorite children's author and illustrator duo!!

Source
Our house was a napping house today!! It was a napping day for the record books.

Ayden had his morning cat nap in his bouncer while I had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen.  This was the second day in a row that he's drifted off to sleep for about 15 or 20 minutes while enjoying the vibrations on his bum and listening to the built in nature sounds.  Maybe it's become part of our morning routine along with window time??


When he woke up, I was ready to take my shower so I put him in his swing as usual.  I always peek out every so often to check on him and about half way through I saw him snoozing away. 

Oh those feet are the cutest!
That one lasted another 10 minutes or so.  When he woke up he was ready to eat so I fed him.  He was a little gassy and fussy during his feeding so afterward I was walking with him on my shoulder, trying to get him to burp when I walked by a mirror and saw that he looked sleepy yet again.  I decided to try putting him down awake in his bed to see what would happen before resorting to the Moby and here's the kicker... He fell asleep on his own and slept for TWO HOURS!!
So proud of him!
There were also two more naps in there that I didn't get pictures of.  One in my lap on my My Brest Friend pillow for about an hour after a feeding.  I did some one handed work on the computer while he slept. Then he had another two hour nap in the Moby this evening while I prepped/made dinner and cleaned up the kitchen.  Maybe he's getting ready to grow?

Speaking of dinner, I made stuffed peppers for the first time (using this recipe) and they turned out delicious!  We used italian sausage for our ground meat and it really hit the spot!  A neat tip I learned from the recipe:


Since cutting off the bottoms to make them stand on their own can make them leaky, just leave the bottoms in tact and use a muffin pan.  Genius! 


The finished product, complete with marinara sauce.
De-Lish!!  Let me know what you think if you try the recipe.  Now we're off to bed!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment