Sunday, February 9, 2014

Brownie Points!

Today was a lazy Sunday. We stayed in our PJs and didn't leave the house.  I wasn't feeling much better than yesterday but I made it through the day!  This was by far the highlight for me:

Laundry room cabinets!
David got himself some brownie points...

We got the green light from our landlord months ago to hang cabinets in the laundry room here at the cottage. I picked some up from a local Habitat For Humanity Restore for $25 and they've been sitting in our storage shed ever since. It feels so good to have that crossed off our list. Now I get to complete a couple of more fun little projects for that room and then I'll do a fun reveal post. Since this is a rental, we won't put any more money into things we can't take with us. The walls won't be the color I'd choose and the cabinets aren't perfect for the space but $25 is definitely worth even just a few months of better organization. I can't wait until I'm feeling better so I can put some time into filling the cabinets and clearing some valuable space in our only linen closet. 

We also watched Disney's Robin Hood on Netflix tonight. It was one of my favorites as a kid and it was so great to see Ayden enjoying it too. It is fun for him to be at an age where we can start enjoying things like that as a family. Movies definitely provide opportunity for some major quality snuggle time. 

Before I sign off, I wanted to share some articles/blog posts that I have stumbled across and enjoyed for one reason or another lately.

Parent Do-Overs - 7 Confidence Building Responses - could not agree more with each one of these

~ Are You Wishing Away What Somebody Else Is Missing? - for those days when you need some perspective

~ A Husband's Response To 'She's A Stay At Home Mom?  What Does She Do All Day?' - Being a mom 24/7 is harder than any job I have ever had.  I am proud of my work and wouldn't trade it for the world.  This husband reflects on putting a couple of skeptics in their place.

~ If You Need A Better Reason To Start Cooking More Meals At Home, Here's One For You - Find yourself eating out more than you'd like?  This could offer the kick in the behind that you need to get in the kitchen and FUEL your family.  Good old Michael Polland.  He never steers us wrong.

Have you finally crossed off a big to do list item lately?  Do your shoulders feel 1000 times lighter?!?

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Cousins, Cousins Everywhere"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment