Thursday, January 8, 2015

Brrrrr

It was a little cold today. 


David had to get super bundled up for morning chicken chores!

We bunkered down for the morning and tried to stay warm. 

Logan and Mav have been bonding.

Reach!

Toes!
He always takes his slippers or socks off to watch a show or go to bed.
He's our bare foot Kentucky boy!

PLAYING!

Using our sub zero freezer (that is our porch) to freeze some colored ice with which to paint.
MORE playing!
Snuggling.  Oh the snuggling.
After nap when it had warmed up a bit (to about 17*) we ventured out to the library. 

All bundled up and giving some brother love.
We love Maisy books.
And that was it. I also started Logan's 0-3 month to 3-6 month clothing swap. It's about a week or two overdue but I needed to recover from the Winter holidays before bringing clothing bins into the mix! I put all of the Summer newborn and 0-3 month clothes into a bag to consign which admittedly made me a little sad.  Why is it so hard to let go of STUFF? I can't decide if I want to get it out of the house ASAP and just take it to a consignment store over the weekend or of I want to wait until March and sell it all at a big consignment event that is coming up.  I just held on to everything as Ayden grew out of clothes because we knew for sure we'd be having another baby. At this point we haven't said we'd never had another someday; but in an effort to downsize and declutter, we'd rather not store so much either way this time around. 

I am putting Logan to bed a little earlier tonight to see if it helps him sleep a little better. As I am snuggling him and soaking in his sweetness, I am listening to David reading Ayden every library book from the bag full we brought home today. 

Does anyone have experience with selling in consignment events?  Are they worth the extra effort?

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Please And Thank You"
And two years ago today: "Nursing Machine"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar

1 comment:

  1. Kim from Dirty Diaper Laundry posted today asking what baby item you hold onto even if you're done having babies. I also saved everything from my first son and am able to use it for my next son. But I don't know what to do with it after! We are 99% sure we will be done after two children but I don't want to give it away. I plan to store it for a bit to see if my siblings will use it, then I'll keep the sentimental stuff and although I'm sure I could make quite a bit of money if I sold it, I plan to donate it to a woman's shelter. It is hard getting rid of though!

    ReplyDelete