Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother To Two


This was my first Mother's Day as a mother of 2 children and it was very... mom like. Logan, at 8 months old, had his first bout of tummy troubles and spent his day either crying or asleep on me in the Ergo.  And I would not have had it any other way.

We did a couple of fun extra things to celebrate:

Picnic breakfast outside of our favorite bakery.

Family trips to Home Depot and the Farmer's Market.
(We'll take what we can get as far as family outings go these days...)

Dinner with each set of our parents and my sister's family.
This has been the most challenging year of my motherhood journey thus far and also the most challenging year as a person in general. It has also been the most fulfilling and rewarding year. I am in that season of life with young children where you want to pull your hair out half the time yet you wouldn't change a thing.

I love how no matter what kind of day we have had, I crawl into bed with Ayden to kiss him goodnight and he wraps his little arms around my neck and pulls me in so tight. In those moments I love how Logan likes to play so gently with my necklaces when I wear or hold him and how he bashfully buries his face into my neck when someone is talking to him. These boys need me so much and while there are days where I can feel tired or worn down, at my core I LOVE being needed so fiercely. There will come a day when they don't need their mother so much and I am in no hurry for that.


In a child's world, Mother's Day is just like any other. They need me each and every day and I need them too just as much. 

I hope all of you mother's out there got to have quality time with your babies today, no matter how old they are!

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Tips For Window Boxes"
Two years ago today: "Take A Break!"
And three years ago today: "Kindness All Around"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. You are always giving me perspective. My Mother's Days are always centralized on my MIL who's birthday is May 11th. I'm married to a mama's boy so you can imagine that I am not his focus on Mother's Day. But at the end of the night, I reminded myself of how much my kids love and need me every day and that I don't need anything more than their love.

    Happy Mother's Day to you! You're doing such a wonderful job and I appreciate your example.

    ReplyDelete