Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Goals

It's monthly goal time again!


Personal:
Read more. I have made this a goal before but always slip back into mindlessly browsing various social media sites instead. I really do enjoy, and more importantly miss, reading. I think one of the biggest reasons that I keep straying away from it is my current novel reached a long, drawn out scene that lost my interest. I just need to set aside sometime to get through that and I should be sucked back into the book. 

Veggie snacks: I have a rather large sweet tooth and I tend to reach for fruit constantly. There's absolutely nothing wrong with fruit but I would like to make more of a conscious effort to snack on more vegetables too. To set myself up for success I plan on getting plenty of sweet peppers, carrots, snap peas and other quick and easy veggies. Prep it all ahead of time and pair it with hummus and I think I'll be much more likely to reach for them when hunger strikes. 

Ayden's Halloween costume. He is going to be a dinosaur and I am going to use my crafting time this month to turn a little sweat suit into a Dino suit!

Family:

Have our families over for dinner. We want to warm our little cottage home by hosting dinners and making some family memories here. 

Pumpkin patch fun!  We need some hot cider, pumpkins, mums, corn mazes and other fun fall stuff in our lives!  We will be making plans with some friends to scratch that itch very soon. 

Last year at the pumpkin patch

Household:
Decorate for Fall. I have a few things out but I have a mantle project that I'd like to do as well as some porch decorations. 

Hang stuff!  We have cabinets for our laundry room, curtains for the windows and artwork for the walls.  All we need to do is set Ayden up on a grandparent play date and get busy!

Finish unpacking boxes. We finally moved the rest of our home decor and such out of storage so I think it is time to get them unpacked and get fully settled in. 

This month's goals feel very doable and I am ready to tackle them!  I hope everyone has a great October!


What are some of your goals for the upcoming month?  Did you meet your September goals?

~Sarah


Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Hands Up"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

3 comments:

  1. I love your monthly goal updates. Always reminds me to do mine. I have similar goals for October. Funny enough I didn't doing of what I set out to do in September and it turned out to be the month I needed it most. I'll be getting back on track. Can't wait to see Ayden's costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally figured out how to suscribe to your youtube channel but i cant figure out how to leave comments on it. Loved the pumpkin recipe. I noticed you used milk. Is that dairy based? When i ate paleo last summer, i craved sweets all the time. I ate tons of fruit too or almomd bread with jam or banana coconut bread with dark chocolate peanut butter. It helped every timme and was healthy. Great goals. Also, please let us all know how your husband has benefited from paleo. Did it help with his auto immune and bald spot issues. Eager to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been missing reading too but I'm pretty sure I've cracked the problem - audible! It's an app on the iPhone you can play audio books on. Every moment I have to myself I'm playing it now, I.e. When brushing my teeth, washing up, chilling out etc. if you don't have an iPhone there'll be something similar. It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete