Saturday, July 11, 2015

Hard Working Man


We FINALLY had a sunny day today and David worked all. day. long. taking care of both the rental property and our baby homestead. Ayden actually stayed with him while Logan and I had a farmer's market date. It was nice for both Logan and I to have that one on one time. 



One thing we learned today was that mowing days are NOT good hive check days. The bees were super agitated when I went in to double check the statuses of the hive with the missing queen and the hive with the honey supers. The former was as I suspected and the latter is already ready for super #4!  The spring nectar flow is almost over so things will be slowing down soon until Autumn. I got a sting through my jacket but I was glad I checked anyway. 

When David got done taking care of our yards he went over to mow for his parents. His dad wasn't feeling well and he helps so much with the house David likes to give back whenever he can. The boys and I went for a visit and we all went for a walk while Ayden rode his bike. It was a beautiful night for it for sure!  We took the kids' PJs and toothbrushes and got them ready there before we left and it was a good thing because it got late for Logan and he was turning into a pumpkin as we drove home. Getting him dressed for bed before that happens is always ideal...

David emailed me his to do list for today late last week and I knew it was going to be a long, hardworking day for him. I am grateful for him and all he does for us every single day. 

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Child Labor"
Two years ago today: "Impromptu Fun"
And three years ago today: "Breakthrough?"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with your home!! It's so cute! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie! We need to get together again soon :)

      Delete