Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Projects


Ayden and I partied all night again last night...  Up every 1.5 to 2 hours.  I'm just going to keep on keeping on, hoping that if I stand strong, we'll meet our sleep goals eventually. 

I haven't had the heart to talk to Little Miss' mom yet.  I need to just get it over with because the longer I wait, the longer Ayden and our house have to wait to get me back full time...  I just don't want her mom to take it the wrong way.  It has nothing to do with Little Miss or her or anything like that. David is encouraging me, telling me that if she's my friend, which she is, she'll understand my feelings and won't take it personally.  I just keep thinking about how one of their full time staff members is going to have a baby any day now, making them short handed.  It is not my problem, it is not my problem...  If I keep saying it, maybe I'll actually feel that way?  

Anyway, today was a Little Miss day and a long one at that.  Her parents are down to one car at the moment (her dad's is in the shop) and they had an early meeting.  She usually comes around 9:30am but today, her mom texted me at 8:40am and said they were already on their way.  I was drying off after my shower when I received the text.  5 minutes later, she rang the doorbell...  Not the best way to start my day.  Then, they had another late afternoon meeting so she was at my house until almost 5pm.  Why am I having such a hard time talking to her mom again??

They are cute together, though :)

On Little Miss days, Ayden usually takes his morning nap in the Moby.

"Gosh, mom!  Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?!?" 
While he snoozed, and Little Miss had her morning snack, I tackled one of the projects on my to do list:
Our pantry: before and after?
Ha, it's really funny because looking at the pictures side by side, you can hardly tell a difference.  I suppose it was pretty organized before but the main difference is that I finally purged all of the grains and other foods that are no longer part of our daily diet.  I ended up with 3 paper grocery bags full of foods to give away and donate.  It always feels good to purge and reorganize a space!  Next projects?  Under our bed and several hot spots in our office!

I wasn't able to time any of Ayden's naps with Little Miss' today, but she did take a long one which enabled me to have some one on one time with Ayden.  We read books, sang songs and played on his play-mat together.  It's so fun that we can actually play with him now and he really is such a playful kid!  So smiley and giggly and of course, so adorable!

When Little Miss woke up, I fed her lunch and then we headed out for our afternoon sanity saver field trip.

We went to Lowe's to get a 5 gallon homemade detergent-making bucket :).  I'm going to use the Duggar's recipe and I'll be sure to post a tutorial when I get around to making it. It'll have to be soon because we're officially out of the last store bought bottle we'll ever purchase (hopefully).  

Hanging in the cart at Lowe's
He's become quite the little shopping buddy!!

When David got home, he mowed while I made dinner.  After we ate, he helped me knock out a few more to do's and Ayden had a flawless transition to bed time and fell asleep at 8:00.  We are tired and are looking forward to snuggling up together with a book.  We finished The Hunger Games so maybe we'll start Catching Fire (the second book in the trilogy)?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow!!  I plan on getting some serious FlyLady style flying done :).

~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely get around the conversation with your friend, anyone who's stayed home with a child should REALLY understand. I can understand, I've had a few people ask if I could watch their kids while I stay home but I gently let them know I really want to just focus on my son (and have little more patience and sanity at the end of the day). Just let her know it's overwhelming... because it is when you have a newborn.

    ps. I made a recipe similar to the Duggar's in December and we still have some! Crazy... looks like I will only have to make a batch every six months. So easy and saves money.

    Oh and thanks for the last post about the Moby and cloth diapers! I am in the market and somewhat clueless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel--you are empathetic to all the issus her mom might have and since you're a truly giving person, it's hard for you to be upfront about what you want, but often times in our hards we imagine them taking it harder then they actually will--just tell her and you'll feel like 1,000 pounds have been lifted off your shoulders! PS I LOVE FLYLADY too lol

    ReplyDelete