Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Story Time Fail...


Soooo... I tried to take the kids to toddler storytime today but:

Yeah, bummer!!
But we still stayed and played a little.



There were two boys who were just a little bit older than Little Miss there with their moms. The moms were chatting and the boys were hoarding all the train tracks telling Little Miss "No!" in not so nice tones. I had to step in and make them share while I made a mental note to try my best to always be present for Ayden. I know some days are more difficult than others for moms, especially when a child gets old enough to utilize their free will, but those boys were giving their moms perfect teaching opportunities and they just passed them by... I also reminded myself that I had no idea what their mornings were like. Maybe they just both needed a break.

It got close to 90* today!! Ummm, Mother Nature, it's only May. I think we're in for a doozy of a Summer which should be interesting with a baby. When the temperature gets to the upper 80's and higher, our air conditioning just can't keep up. It was so hot in our house (around 78*) that Ayden just could not get comfortable for his late afternoon nap. I finally gave in, stripped him down to his diaper and nursed him to sleep. The nap was short but it was better than nothing and held him off until about 8:45.


We had spaghetti squash with meat sauce for dinner (one of our faves!) and while the squash roasted we took a family walk. It had cooled down just enough and felt so pleasant compared to earlier in the day since KY gets sooo humid :(.  We always have such good conversation while we  go for walks together.

It's still 76* in our room so I've just got Ayden in a onsie and no swaddle. Yikes! I'm keeping the Swaddle Me close by, though. Worst case, I just put it on him and nurse him back to sleep. We're also trying out one of our new Kissaluvs Marvel fitted diapers for the first time tonight (we got 2). They get great reviews and I'm excited to see how we like them.

What do you do to keep your babies cool in the Summer?

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment