Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Divide and Conquer.

The view from our cabin is pretty enjoyable. 


This vacation has been pretty different for us. It's the first extended trip we have taken as a family of 4. 


Since our kids are in such different stages, David and I have had to divide and conquer pretty often. 


I am usually in Logan duty while David is on Ayden duty, mainly because Logan is still a nursling and David does not have the set up to help out with that. 

The boys' naps did not line up today so I relaxed and napped while Logan slept and while David and Ayden went fishing off the dock. It was Ayden's 1st time fishing and I was bummed to have to miss it. The men folk were so caught up in the fun that they did not even think to take a picture for me. I am glad that Ayden had David with him to share in that moment.  It is one of the ultimate father/son experiences and to be honest, me being there would have meant more to me than it would have to Ayden. He was perfectly content just to be fishing with his cousins and he probably did not even care what adults, if any, were around to see it. Mommy guilt can be tough and I suppose the more children you have, the more torn you will be at times. 



 This time with sweet baby Logan (who is acting more and more like a toddler everyday) is so precious that savoring it is worth missing out on the big boy action every now and then.  It also gives me an excuse to really take it slow during this vacation which I do appreciate. 

~Sarah



1 comment:

  1. I empathize with you on this subject. My husband and the boys got to do a lot of special things while I was caring for Ava. Now that she's a little older we can all do most things together or in the same general area, but it was hard. I felt like I was missing a lot of the boys even though I was able to focus so much on her.

    ReplyDelete