Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Christmas In July?

We had The Grinch at our house tonight!

Oh wait... That's just a green-faced Ayden! :)
Ayden actually swallowed a little bit of his avocado at dinner tonight. He also enjoyed squishing it through his fingers and smearing it all over his tray.

 
Needless to say, we've been taking a lot more baths since starting Baby Led Weaning :).

 

I finally took his monthly pictures today. I'll go back and edit them into the 6 month post for my own future reference but will also go ahead and put them in this post as well.

Click to see: 1 Month, 2 Months, 3 Months, 4 Months, 5 Months
 I take the actual pictures with our DSLR and just snap a few on my phone to guarantee that they make it on here. Mama's (especially ones who write daily blog posts) need things to be quick and easy. Hooking the nice camera up to the computer, accessing the external hard drive, importing the pictures, deleting them from the camera, choosing the best ones and then uploading them to the blog is a process that does not fall into the "quick and easy" category. Because of this, I snap a couple of pictures on my phone as well to guarantee that they actually make it onto the blog. So the ones you see on here are not the "keepers" but hey, whatever works!!

These little photo shoots are getting pretty interesting! It's definitely getting more difficult to get a great shot, but it's also more fun all at the same time. I enjoy going back through the pictures like a flip book. The not-so-great pictures are the ones that capture him the best.

 

While I had the camera out, I took the opportunity to take some extra snapshots as well.

Mr. Owl Eyes
Oh  man, there's just something about this one! Be still, my heart...
You just can't go wrong with natural lighting!!

Little Miss was still under the weather so she did not grace us with her presence again today. Hopefully she'll be feeling better by Monday. Since she didn't come, Ayden and I had a chill day at home. I made our weekly usuals (kale chips, paleo crunch cereal and a dessert, which were paleo fudge pops this week - YUM!) Though I enjoy our home and getting to move leisurely throughout my day, I am looking forward to getting out of the house for story time and teaching dance tomorrow.

Now that Ayden's teeth are through, and he can take a break from wearing his fussy pants, he fills his days with naps and crawling practice. He is so determined and persistent! I hope those are qualities that he continues to carry with him as he grows.



I have learned a valuable lesson this week about how it could be quite possible to be too intentional with your parenting. In my efforts to avoid accidental parenting, I was interfering too much and disrupting the natural harmony that lies beneath. This is not to say you shouldn't think about possible outcomes when you go to make decisions, but maybe it is a good idea to only try to "fix" things that are broken to begin with? All I can say is that ever since I stopped worrying so much, our days have been happier and more enjoyable. I am soaking up every minute!

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you that we can be too intentional. Now that I have baby number two in the way it's especially important for me to keep that in mind. Reading your blog really helps me keep things in perspective!

    ReplyDelete