Monday, August 26, 2013

Busted

We started our Monday off right with the best flourless pancake recipe I've found to date!

{Recipe}
David and I checked out a couple of DVDs from the public library while we were there donating our old text books over the weekend. They were 3 day rentals so I kind of made today my errand day instead of Thursday. I wanted to make the trip to the city worth it so I spent the morning getting the house back in order from our lazy/busy weekend and then headed out after lunch to run some errands. I had a couple of things to do at the mall so we took a break to play in the play area. 


Ayden was the only boy in there but he still had a blast. I had to carry him out kicking and screaming because he could have played there all day!

David grilled lamb kabobs for us for dinner and then he and Ayden played upstairs while I tackled kitchen cleanup and got a batch of kale in the dehydrator for kale chips. 

Ayden ended his day with a busted lip after getting himself so riled up that he fell and hit his crib rail. That took him from giggling to crying in no time flat, poor baby. I suppose the old saying, "it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt" applies here...  He has been taking a while to fall asleep here recently so we read some books by book light and it really seemed to help him wind down and get sleepy. We read so many books during the day that we never needed to make them a big part of Ayden's bedtime routine. I think we will add them back in for a bit since he seems to be winding himself up right before bed these days. They are the perfect way for him to wind down since he sits so quietly and could read them forever if we'd let him. He went to sleep very quickly tonight so we'll definitely be reading before bed again tomorrow night!  

I feel like today was a good day. I am glad I was able to get the cottage cleaned and get Thursday's errands taken care of. That means on Thursday, we'll be trying out our local storytime. I am looking forward to seeing how Ayden likes it!  As for tomorrow, I think we will try to go swimming if the weather permits. Gotta milk these last weeks of summer for all they're worth!

What is the wind down part of your toddler's bedtime routine?

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Mountain Bikes = Baby?"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!

    Could you please share the recipe for the pancakes? We're transitioning to a grain and sugar free diet and we miss pancakes! We've tried a few recipes but haven't had great success yet.

    Love your blog and youtube channel.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Sorry, I meant to link the recipe under the picture. It's there now. I hope you like them :)

      Delete