Monday, August 12, 2013

Have A Seat


We got the cutest farm nesting dolls from David's Aunt.
Ayden has been exploring his world from a new perspective these days. He will be playing and we'll look over to find him laying down. Sometimes it will be on his back, looking at everything from upside down. Other times, like today, he will be laying on his tummy contentedly observing something. He watched Maverick chew on a bone for a good 10 minutes this way today. 

It was interesting that just after I was thinking about how he seems to be sitting and laying more while he "works" (a child's play is their work after all), I get my weekly Baby Center email telling us that, "While your toddler will continue to burst with energy, he's probably spending more time sitting still, especially when there's a problem to be solved."

Sneak peek at tomorrow's Toddler Tuesday activity!
The teacher in me has really been enjoying the increased attention span that has come along with this new development.  As a result, we'll have a lot of fun toddler activities coming your way!!

Today was super stormy and I wasn't feeling very well.  I got all of our vacation gear sorted and ready to be unpacked, washed, put away, etc. and made it to the grocery but there was also a lot of lounging around, playing and reading.  Hopefully I'll be feeling back to myself tomorrow and will be able to finish getting things back in order.  I think I've mentioned this before but it always seems to take me about three days to get everything back to normal and I feel like that'll be about right this time too.  

Are there any new developments that you are enjoying with your little one?  Leave them below so we can celebrate them together! 

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "The Great Explorer"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment