We recently made quiet blocks out of a pool noodle. That's right, all you need for hours of fun is a basic pool noodle! You can pick one up at any store that carries summer fun/swimming gear (I got mine at a dollar store).
This was so simple to make!
All you do is grab a knife (I chose our serrated bread knife but any good knife will do) and cut the pool noodle into whatever height blocks you'd like. This was such a quick and easy activity and Ayden really loved it!
Some other ideas for your quiet blocks:
- Floating bath toys
- Lace them onto string or rope
- Cut multiple colors and make patterns (older child)
- Paint Stamping (especially cute if you use a flower shaped noodle)
- Roll them down a ramp
- Toss into a basket or box
- Pull your kiddie pool inside and make a noodle pit
- The sky is the limit! HAVE FUN!
**Please feel free to add more ways to use these blocks in the comments.**
Flashback! Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Experimentation"
Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday? Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.