Saturday, August 17, 2013

Magical Curls

We had a day filled with the farmer's market, a past client picnic for our home birth midwife and a friend's son's 3rd birthday party.


Knowing we had such a full day, I wanted to look nice for all of our obligations but didn't want to take a lot of time to fix my hair. I had discovered a hairstyle on Pinterest last fall and really liked it but never really wore it out anywhere. I decided to give it a try again today and was so glad I did!

It was super quick and easy and looked much nicer than a ponytail would have. The key to me being able to wear this style is to curl my hair a day or two before. Since my hair is fine and silky I've never been able to wear many up do's successfully. The texture, the product and the 2nd (or 3rd) day hair takes the silkiness out and I'm able to wear this hairstyle for a while without my headband popping off the back of my head.

When we left the birthday party and were on our way home I took out the headband to get more comfortable. That's when I noticed that my hair had nicer curls in it than two days ago when I curled it with my curling iron. 


I had heard of headband curls before but was skeptical. Now I am a firm believer. Take 5 minutes to stuff my hair into the back of a headband and end up with pretty curls?  Yes, please!  I'll definitely be making this a go to hairstyle. 

Do you have any cute and easy mommy hairstyles?

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Helping Out"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment