Monday, August 5, 2013

How To Make Perfect Bacon

We love bacon at our house!  I am so picky when it comes to my bacon.  I like it to be crispy, melt-in-my-mouth delicious.  If bacon is floppy or over-cooked crunchy, I go from LOVING it to passing it up for sausage.  I guess you could call me the Goldilocks of bacon... 

The absolute BEST way to get that perfect melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness is to actually BAKE your bacon.  Put it on a foil lined sheet in a COOL oven, preheat to 350* and check on it in about 20 minutes.  But, if you are like me and are impatient in the mornings or don't want to use up that much foil, rest assured there is a way to cook bacon to perfection in a skillet too!!

The secret is to cook it low and slow.


Put your bacon in a COOL skillet (are you noticing a trend here??), turn it on medium/low to medium and let it cook away, turning frequently.  At some point, the sizzling will quiet and it will seem like the bacon has stopped cooking all together.  That is when you know it is almost done.  Give it a couple more turns and voilà!

PERFECT melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness!

I really should start telling David that he is the bacon to my eggs because then he would truly understand the love I have for him!  Haha.

Are you a fellow bacon lover?  Have you ever had bacon wrapped dates?!?  O.M.G!

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here is what we were up to one year ago today: "So Much Fun!"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. I am a true bacon lover! I like to grill it too. I'm trying to be a bit healthier at the moment and now all I want is bacon! xx

    ReplyDelete