Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Grass Is Greener

Sometimes the mom of two kids thing is tricky because you can't take care of one properly while the other is with you. Ayden was playing so I snuck off to nurse Logan to sleep for his morning nap but a couple of minutes later Ayden came searching for us. He climbed on the bed and wanted to talk to Logan and touch him. I still don't do much disciplining while I am nursing because I can't physically follow through if he chooses not to listen. So instead; I got up to help Ayden get engaged again elsewhere. 

His big brick blocks!
(He worked on making a house for "Pepper" the mouse.)

When I came back, this is what I saw. 

Don't worry... I moved that pillow.
He took matters into his own hands I guess...  I felt the same reversed when I used to be wearing Logan when Ayden would wake up from a nap. That is when Ayden is most cuddly and I could never properly give him the snuggles he craved and really missed connecting with him in that way. Logan literally came between us. Since Ayden's nap fits inside Logan's big afternoon nap these days, it hasn't been a problem lately. Logan is still snoozing away while Ayden and I snuggle and read books or do another quiet activity together.  It's a good thing too because I need those sweet, snuggly momets to hold on to once he's back to full toddler force by the evening. 

David and his dad set up our spot lights and worked more on the basement retaining wall tonight. Yay for some more house progress!!

And now I shall leave you with another quote of wisdom:

This applies to so many things!
It's along the same lines as my all time favorite quote:
"Happiness is not having what you want but wanting what you have."

As tiring as the days can be in the thick of these toddler trenches, it is our life right now and he has never needed us more.  I see very green grass around me and I choose happiness.

~Sarah

Any other moms of two have a heard time juggling when both kids need you at once?  It's tricky but somehow we manage!

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Toddler Tuesday: Playdoh Shape Match"
And two years ago today: "Attaboy"

1 comment:

  1. Happiness is most definitely a choice! Parenting two little one's is definitely tough. There are days when I want to pull my hair out. It is so rewarding though. Your boys are just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete