Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Monster Hands

We were up and at 'em early this morning. We spent the whole morning/early afternoon finishing up our Christmas shopping.

Lunch on the go!

Found something adorable that I would like to get to put in the favors for Ayden's monster birthday party!
We came home for nap much later than I had originally planned. Both boys fell asleep on the way home and both transferred. I then had to transfer them both back to their car seats an hour later so we could go teach dance. 

Shew. Mama is so very tired this evening but the Christmas shopping is officially done!  I have a little sewing to do for Logan's gifts still and then all we have to do is get them all wrapped up.

Just out of curiosity... Did Santa wrap presents at your house or not?  Santa did at my house (he even used the same EXACT paper every year) and did not at David's. 

I am about 5 loads of laundry behind on folding and putting away so that is what I have planned for this evening. Hopefully we'll be able to see our couch again by morning. David is going to tackle the kitchen. Teamwork at its best!

And now, I shall leave you with some more adorable Logan giggles:




~ Sarah 

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Toddler Tuesday: Snow Dough"
And two years ago today: "My Breastfeeding Essentials"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

9 comments:

  1. Would you mind giving me ideas as to what healthy things to feed your toddler. Is your son a picky eater? Does he eat what you all eat? Maybe doing a post on some recipes and favorite toddler foods. I need help? Would so appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can do a post. He does eat what we eat but he goes through phases of eating a lot and eating a little. He is pickier than he used to be but we keep offering all of the same foods that he used to love and supposedly doesn't like now and he's slowly starting to eat them again.

      Delete
  2. I am trying to decide what whether to wrap or not wrap our Santa gifts. I think this is the year to set the standard as my oldest is very aware and questions inconsistencies all the time. My family wrapped Santa gifts (in the same paper as all the rest of the gifts ha!) but my husband didn't get Santa gifts so he has no opinion. I only recently heard of not wrapping Santa gifts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that they were wrapped in the same paper! Haha. I always loved unwrapping and when David told me Santa did not wrap his gifts I asked if it ruined the surprise for him. He said he was always just as excited but I always thought the anticipation of seeing the wrapped boxes and not really knowing what was inside was fun. He said he had that feeling too from the wrapped gifts his parents and other family gave him... We still can't decide for sure. Glad we are given a few years to figure these details out, haha! Let me know what you decide. Not wrapping sure would decrease the work a bit.

      Delete
    2. After thinking about it, I decided we would wrap them. Not that it's more or less surprising either way, but as I'm sure you know these little ones of ours can get ahead of us really quickly (especially when you're outnumbered like us) so I think wrapping them will help us slow the moment down just enough that we get to experience the moment of excitement with them. I imagine my little guy helping himself to his gifts before we can get there to enjoy the moment with him.

      Delete
  3. Santa did not wrap toy for us and it was so exciting waking up early and peeking at what he left us. I am not wrapping them either. Santa gifts are usually the big gifts anyway that are hard to wrap, like a bike. I also like the idea of making the Santa gift a present the looks like it was made by elves - our Santa gift is a big wooden parking garage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so neat to hear about different traditions. We kind of do the opposite as far as the big gift coming from Santa. He fills the stockings and brings one next best gift. The rest of the gifts are from us, including the one that will be the most prized. I do agree with Santa's gift being wooden. Santa is bringing Ayden the Melissa and Doug wooden school bus toy.

      Delete
  4. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one whose couch gets lost under laundry! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Story of my life right now... I had a good system before Logan came (one load from wash to put away each day) but now with the addition of diaper laundry and Logan's laundry, with all of the burp cloths and multiple changes of clothes on most days, I am (or rather, my couch is) swimming in it!

      Delete