Saturday, July 12, 2014

Building Up

Ayden and I had a busy Saturday.  We started the day with my nephew's yellow belt test for Tae Kwon Do.  Then my sister's family and my mom joined me at the farmer's market.  After we all purchased all of the goodies that we could possibly weigh our strollers down with we had lunch and didn't get home until 2 or so.  

While we were having all of that fun, David, our dads and some friends were up to this:

Ridge board and some rafters!




It's coming together nicely!

Something funny happened after nap today.  Since Ayden's crib is next to our bed, he's been able to easily climb out of it and onto the bed since he was probably 18 months old.  The thing is, usually after waking, he has always just sat there and called or cried for me, depending on what kind of mood he woke up in.  Today, I was napping on the couch and was awoken by the squeak and slam of the bedroom door.  I sat up and wondered, "Is David home?  What time is it? What door was that?"  I got up and looked around the corner to find Ayden standing outside of the bedroom door.  He looked over and saw me, smiled and said, "Hi."  He was in a great mood and I guess he decided to just get himself out of bed for once. It'll be interesting to see if this is a new thing or not... We played for a little bit and then went out to play at the building site while the crew finished up.  

One of the friends who came to help out today was one of my play group gal's husbands.  She and her daughter came out to play at the building site too and then we treated them to dinner at our favorite little place to eat.  It's really neat how big projects like this can bring people together and even create friendships and bonds.  There's good stuff going on around here!

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Let Potty Training Begin":
And two years ago today: "Pity Party"



Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have "good stuff" going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2 year old sleeps in our bed and it's telling if he comes out of our room or not if he's ready to wake up (he comes out) or go back to sleep (he'll stay in bed and cry.) He started coming out of the room even before he could walk! He napped on the floor before he could climb out of our bed and we would hear the sound machine in our room and a little 9 month old would crawl out! It was so funny.

    ReplyDelete