Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Staycation Day 2 | Weekday Saturday

I was feeling very PREGNANT today. Logan is definitely growing fast!  I didn't sleep very well last night so it was good that we had a super lazy morning together. David built me 10 more honey super frames last night so I headed over to the farm at around 11 to add a third super to the far left hive:

Honey honey honey!

The bees were super cranky today so I came away with a sting. I called my mentor to ask him a few questions, one being if them being so irritable was normal, and he said that there was something strange with the atmospheric pressure today and all of his bees were acting the same way. He also told me that he nectar flow is slowing down so we can harvest honey any time!  I am so excited about that. We also don't need to worry about anymore thorough hive checks unless we have reason for concern. Added bonus since my girls seem to be so grumpy lately. When I got stung my first thought was, "Aww man, it's going to be so itchy!!" Never mind the pain of the stin itself, the itching for the few days following is almost unbearable. Luckily I have my lavender essential oil at the ready. I tried putting a baking soda paste on the sting right when I got home but I am not noticing any difference in the pain at the sting site this evening.  

Summer Intensive is going on at the dance studio right now and I considered canceling my classes for today and making them up at a later date for our staycation but since we are in town, and it was a beautiful day for building (high of 77 with an awesome breeze), David and I parted ways for a few hours and got our work done. I am really glad I don't have to worry about makeups and David and his crew got as many more of our rafters up that they could. 

Just a few more to go but they need to get the end floor joists in place before they can put them in.

We ended the evening with dinner and dessert downtown. 


We did a lot of walking around and took a scenic drive home. We saw some horses, beautiful farms and a lot of deer prancing about. The windows were down and Ayden had us singing songs. It was a good night and the day ended up feeling a lot like a Saturday. We haven't decided what we want to do tomorrow. We're just taking the plans one day at a time. 

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Eat the Rainbow!"
And two years ago today: "6 Month Photo Shoot"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes one day at a time is the absolute best way! I hate stings, hope yours don't cause you too much annoyance.

    ReplyDelete