Friday, July 18, 2014

Staycation Day 5 | Planes!

We had a busier morning than we would have planned for the last day of our staycation but it was for a good cause. My cousin returned from a 9 month deployment in Afghanistan and his wife asked me to come to the airport gate with her and their kids to take photos. There was no way I was going to turn that down!  I spent the morning getting my camera charged and memory card emptied. We got ourselves ready and were out of the house by 10 am. The photos didn't turn out half as nice as I would have liked but the lighting in the airport was really terrible and anyone who dabbles in photography knows that lighting and proper exposure are everything when it comes to having nice photos.  At least it was documented for them.  

While I was at the airport, David and Ayden went to visit David's mom at work and then went to one of our favorite big parks to play. They picked me up and we went home for lunch and nap and then today's real staycation festivities were underway.  The movie Planes: Search and Rescue came out today so we went to see that and had dinner.

Ayden was not in the mood for a photo...
Ayden went to bed pretty late last night, woke at his normal time this morning and ended up taking his typical 1 hour nap.  Needless to say by the end of the evening he had his crazy pants on.  He was misbehaving in ways that were pretty uncharacteristic for him and we were just as ready for bedtime as he was.  We got him to bed by 8:30 and are hoping for a better day tomorrow.  


Our staycation has given us a ton of family time, especially for David and Ayden.  We have LOVED having David home with us everyday but I think we are all ready to have our structure back.  Something that vacations and staycations have in common I suppose.

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Big Boy Checklist"
And two years ago today: "This Is My Life"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to take my boy to see Planes this week. Did Ayden enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete