Thursday, July 24, 2014

35 Weeks Pregnant

Yesterday marked 35 weeks for the Mr. Logan baby bump.  

Holy cow!
We can count down the weeks until our due date on one hand...  I had a midwife appointment today and everything continues to be great!  Our next appointment will be at 37 weeks and then she'll GO ON CALL for me.  I seriously can't believe we are to this point already.  Today she left the birthing pool that we rented and my birth kit with me.  I have two weeks to gather the rest of my home birth supplies, test out the birth pool, get the car seat washed (if needed)/installed and set up the few items of baby gear that we need to. I'd also like to get a few more freezer meals done.  All of his diapers and clothes are washed and put away, ready to go so that's a plus! I'm going to try to go without naps for the next two weeks so that I can have that Ayden-free time to think and prepare because once 37 weeks hits, I'm going to get as much sleep as possible because you just never know when you might go into labor.

Overall I am feeling good.  Physically I forget I'm pregnant half of the time.  The other half of the time I'm getting jabs to the cervix, throwing up in my mouth, having trouble shaving my legs and putting forth MUCH effort to roll out of bed twice a night to pee. My energy is waining and Ayden doesn't quite understand why I'm such a sloth all of the sudden. Oh the glamor of pregnancy!  One blessing is that the weather has been SUPER tame for Summer in KY so the whole "pregnant through the Summer" thing hasn't been so bad.

No humidity paired with a wonderful breeze = a BEAUTIFUL day!
Feels like Fall, though, which I'm not ready for.
Mentally I'm hanging in there.  I am so excited to meet this little person and to watch the relationship between him and Ayden flourish over the years.  I remember wondering what we ever did without Ayden in our lives and I am excited to feel that way about another little boy. At the same time I am pretty anxious about the adjustment period, the exhaustion and all of the unknowns.  For my first two weeks postpartum after Ayden's pregnancy I was an emotional wreck.  I was completely overwhelmed with happiness and sadness all at the same time which was totally bazaar.  I'm preparing for that to happen again but I'm not sure what Ayden will think of all of it all.  Hopefully it doesn't worry him too much.  The good thing this time is that I've been through it before and if it does happen again, we'll be able to remind ourselves that those baby blues should only last two weeks.  As much as I try not to, I am still worrying about how Ayden will handle seeing Logan nursing.  He still asks to nurse himself sometimes but takes it well when I refuse him.  Some days he talks about how he is a big boy who eats big boy food and how Logan will be a baby who needs mommy's milk.  Other days he talks about how Logan can drink mommy's milk out of a cup and HE can nurse from mommy instead.  I talk about it with him everyday and try to use phrases that I'll be able to use in the moment if/when the time comes that he is feeling jealous.

We also have house related worries on our minds like, "when and how will we finish it?" David is worried about missing too much of Logan's first months and I am worried about parenting 2 kids alone for so many hours everyday.  Our parents are nearby and will be able to help as much as we need (which will be AMAZING!) but that's just not the same as going through it all with your partner.  I know we'll find a new groove and will make it all work but it's all of those unknowns that make it difficult to be completely at peace when we think about it.  As far as David getting bonding time with Logan, I reminded him that Ayden didn't go to "bed" for the night until maybe 11:00 or so which will give David a couple of hours each evening to snuggle and bond with Logan after Ayden goes to bed.  I also reminded him that for the first few months, babies really tend to just want their mamas.  I think those reminders did make him feel better.

Even with all of these thoughts running through our minds, we realize that we are in a great place and we are as ready as we will ever be.  You know what they say, if you wait until you are totally ready, you'd never have kids at all.  I know we're gonna do great!

Story time was cancelled today and next week so we met up with our playgroup friends at the park.


We also got a lot of outside time in this evening.  You just have to enjoy a pleasant day like today outdoors!

Who needs Myrtle Beach?? Haha

House progress!
Since I last updated they have added more rafters, the collar ties,
the high wind brackets and tonight, they started on the subfloor upstairs.


We've got a lot to do over the next couple of weeks but then things are going to intentionally slow down so we can enjoy life and so I can get all the rest I can.

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "World's Best Chicken Seasoning"
And two years ago today: "Christmas In July"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment