Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sprinkled With Love

Nesting project of the day:

Sunning the stains out of Ayden's old pockets.
Some of them are being pesky.
The key is to keep wetting them until they're white.

We had play group today instead of yesterday because one of the other moms is a teacher and is going back to work this year.  She had professional development everyday except for today this week so we moved it for her.  Little did I know, they also planned a surprise baby sprinkle for me!



Here's a peak inside the gifts:

Handmade crochet hats!
The giraffe will be PRFECT for Logan's newborn photos and
we really love the colors of the matching hats!

Gowns and a onesie for Logan
Big bro markers for Ayden.
More cute clothes!
Soap, lotion, a sleeper and a BIG handmade swaddle blanket for Logan.
A big bro "book bag" and book for Ayden.
Chocolate, a face mask and bath stuff for mama.
I am truly blessed and was not only sprinkled with gifts but also lots of love today.  I am so glad to have found such a great group of ladies to hang out with every week.  I think us moms may get more out of play group than the kids.  Haha.

The rest of our day consisted of some house cleaning, dance teaching:


Dinner and playing out at the building site:

Gable wall half done and framing for a window!
Today was such a stark difference from yesterday.  Yesterday I spent almost the whole day at home and got half as much done.  Ayden also did not want to play alone at all which was frustrating for me since I had put a lot on my to do list for a day at home.Today, we had play group and went to the studio yet I was able to get my entire to do list from yesterday accomplished and Ayden seemed to actually prefer playing alone. The only explanation I can think of is that David and I went to bed too late on Sunday night which I just can't do these days.  We went to bed earlier last night and Ayden (and therefore we) slept in an extra hour this morning.  I think that extra sleep made all the difference for all of us. It gave me the energy I needed to patiently include Ayden in my tasks if he wanted which kept his little tank full all day while I accomplished what I needed to do.  If only I could remember that as I am happily staying up late, enjoying the quiet alone time with my hubby every night.  I'm such a night owl, it is really difficult for me to remember how much better going to bed earlier feels the next day.  

Are you a night owl? Parenthood and night owl life don't really go hand in hand, do they?

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "To the Dentist"
And two years ago today: "Hunting For Treasure"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am a night owl. I love having me time after little one goes to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet gifts you received. I love how they all included Aiden too :)

    I hear you on the bed thing. It's after midnight and I'm still awake

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a night owl but since recently becoming pregnant, I've definitely been going to sleep with my toddler that last few weeks. I feel so much better for the next day even if I didn't get to read or watch TV with the hubby in the evening.

    ReplyDelete