Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Sarah's Got Her Groove Back

 Happy 8 weeks baby boy!!


He's starting to outgrow some of his 0-3 month clothes!

He slept a LOT today.  Must be growing!
The only big things on our agenda today were voting and taking advantage of the last sunny and 60s day this week by going to the park. There were no strict appointments or timeline and it turned out to be a very productive day!


I spent the morning getting caught up on some laundry and playing with Ayden. Then spur of the moment, I decided to meet my parents for lunch and then we headed for the polls!


Yay for voting!
Ayden fell asleep on the way home, transferred and took a 2 hr nap for me. Logan fell asleep about 45 minutes after Ayden and also took a 2 hr nap. While they were both sleeping, I was able to do some spray painting on my mom's birthday gift (her birthday is Saturday). I sent a picture of it to David and after telling me it looked good he told me he thought I had definitely found my groove again because I would have never done a project like that during nap time a month ago. I think he is right!  At the 1 month mark I felt we had gotten to know Logan and his needs but things were still more chaotic than not. Now that we are 8 weeks in we have found new systems and, like David said, have found our new groove as a family of 4. 

Tonight was leftover night and since I didn't have to cook dinner I crossed that last important item off of today's list:

Enjoying the weather at the park!


Ayden was a complete JOY from the moment he woke from his nap until he went to bed. I think a lot of it is his growing up but I also think the relaxed nature of a day with no specific agenda made things run smoothly because we could take our time and just enjoy the day. It is something to think about...

Now as I am nursing my baby and writing this post, he just spit up and I feel it running down my stomach and under my bottom. What can I say, just keeping the glamor of having a newborn real. So glad I don't have anywhere special to go because I'm pretty sure it looks like I peed myself. Haha!  Now to sign off and get cleaned up. Until tomorrow, friends!

Here are a few clips from our day:



Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Chestnuts Roasting"
And two years ago today: "Fall Family Fun"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. There's a shot in the video when Ayden's lying down talking to Logan & the camera is looking up towards Ayden's lifted chin, where his profile is EXACTLY yours! Love seeing these clips as I miss your YouTube vids :). Haha - the glamour of newborns! Yep, been there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the footage. What a special treat for us :)

    ReplyDelete