Thursday, March 15, 2012


Today was yet another amazing day! 

I'm tellng you, every day just seems to get easier and more enjoyable than the next.  Partially because Ayden is becoming more comfortable in his own skin but also because David and I seem to be officially adjusted to this new lifestyle.  Mommyhood is even more wonderful than I could have ever imagined <3. 

Ayden has practically put himself on his new eat/wake/sleep cycles.  Last night he slept 2 four and a half hour sleep sessions.  I'm not sure if just one day of our new regiem could already have an effect on his nighttime sleep but coincidence or not, I'll take it!  

 I've been amazed at how easy it's been to switch his sleep and wake times.That's not to say that he doesn't fall asleep nursing every now and then but, it's usually a quick cat nap (like 15-20 minutes IF I don't move).  These little cat naps don't seem to mess with what we're trying to accomplish so I'm not going to stress about it.  We are doing 3 hour cycles; he'll eat, have some awake time (sometimes with the tiny cat nap first) then about an hour before the next feeding time he'll get sleepy and be ready for a nap. 

 He'll fall asleep quickly and easily and wake up on his own within 15-20 minutes of his next feeding time.  I'm telling you, amazing!  Can't wait to see what tonight will be like... Wish us luck!
After the nap pictured above, he looked so sweet that I got out the nice camera and had a little photo shoot. 
Yes, it's a picture of the camera!  There's no telling when that picture will actually make it to my computer.  At least it exists...

Most of the pictures that I share on the blog are taken with my iPhone. I'm pretty sure it's the only way I can post pictures everyday since I can upload them directly from my phone through my Blogger App.  Let's face it, if it's not quick and easy a new mom probably won't do it... ;)
After our photoshoot we headed out to run some errands.  We had a full to do list and I wasn't sure how it was going to pan out.  We left about an hour before he needed to be fed again (in other words "nap time").  The car seat is really hit or miss when it comes to Ayden's tollerance for it. 
Looks like such a big boy!

He's usually fine whenever the car is in motion and fusses at every red light.  I got lucky today.  He seemed pretty content most of the time and did fall asleep and stayed asleep until it was time to eat.  Babues R Us was on our errand agenda so I decided to go there frist to use the comfy "Mother's Room" that they have. 

There was a glider, a couch and two changing tables. The glider is the exact model we bought for our nursery and the changing tables are nice and spacey.  I will definitely work a Babies R Us stop into every long errand day.  It was so much more comfortable than nursing in the car between stores!  Another mommy came in and we sat and chatted while we nursed together.  Her baby was 3 weeks old and Ayden already looked so much bigger than her son.  Crazy!

He was a trooper through the rest of the stops we had to make (Kohls, Michaels, Kroger, Rite Aid and The Vitamin Shop)  So nice to finally mark all of those "To Do's" off the list!

Now it's time for our beloved CATS to play in their first NCAA tournament game.  

Ready for some guy time!

C-A-T-S Cats, Cats, Cats! :)
What are your tips and tricks for successful errand days with your kids?  I'm not so sure that next time will go as smoothly for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment