Friday, March 2, 2012

When It Rains, It Pours...

It was a green poop kind of day today...

I had my 6 week followup appointment with my backup midwife and all is well! :)  My home birth midwife's rule (if you didn't have any tearing or stitches) is that you can resume all physical activity once you go a full week without bleeding.  My bleeding stopped at 4 weeks exactly so I already knew I was in the clear.  I believe it all has to do with how you feel but it was still nice to hear that all is back on order from a professional. In case you were wondering, my home birth midwife is a CPM (Certified Professional Midwife) who only attends home births. I  also had a back up CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife), which was a good thing in  my case since I ended up transporting.  She is part of an OB practice and delivers in a hospital.  My backup midwife was the one who ended up delivering Ayden and she is also who I will see for well woman care from now on.

My appointment was at 9:30am and was 30 minutes away so I woke up around 7 to make sure I had enough time to get the both of us ready and Ayden fed before we left.  I also teach dance on Fridays so I had to make sure I had my dance clothes and enough diapers packed to last us the whole day.  

My morning smiles! :D
The plan was for me to go to my appointment and then hang out at my parents' house until dance (the hospital, my parents' house and the dance studio are all in the same town).  As it turns out, we ended up having severe weather warnings with a STRONG possibility for tornados so it was a good thing we were there to take shelter in their basement since we don't have one of our own.  All of the schools in our area let out two hours early, dance was cancelled and David left work to come be safe with us.

For any University of Kentucky basketball fans out there:
They supposedly hired Anthony Davis to block the storms :)
That's Kentucky right in the middle of all that red!
Ayden slept most of the morning and then woke up with green poop and terrible gas.  He was either eating, sleeping or crying almost the whole time we were there.  Our poor parents haven't really gotten to experience the happy, comfortable Ayden that I send them pictures and videos of every morning.  All in good time I suppose...

He plays with his ear while he nurses now :)
In the end the storms stayed North of us and we didn't get any more than some really cool lightning and some rain but it was fun for the whole family to hang out together for a while!

My sister's kids hanging with Ayden on the pool table.
Her little boy said, "Look, two sissy's"  So cute!
Did any of you get any crazy weather this week?  Hope everyone stayed safe!!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment