Friday, March 30, 2012

Weekend Night Owl


Last night we did a little better with preventing Ayden from getting overtired.  We had dinner an hour earlier so he got tired/hungry while we were eating instead of while we were cleaning up.  That was better because I can feed him while I eat, not while I clean up.  I hate waking up to a messy kitchen in the mornings so I always try to get it cleaned up before we all head up to bed.  The funny thing is, since he slept well in the Ergo during our walk and while we prepared dinner, he was ready for another awake time after he ate.  He hung out in the swing while David and I soaked in our jacuzzi tub and read Hunger Games to each other (yeah, we're a little late...).  He eventually fell asleep in the swing listening to the sounds of our voices. Since he was already in his nighttime diaper (I had put it on him before that last feeding during dinner just in case he fell asleep for the night), all I had to do was swaddle him, give him a "dream feed," which is when you sort of top a baby off without actually waking them, and put him to bed.  He slept for 5 hours, 4 hours and then an extra hour in our bed this morning while I browsed Pintrest (the cuteness pictured above).  It was a great night!  I think maybe the key is to just not let him get over tired as he tends to fall asleep before he gets a full feeding and that's what causes him to wake up so frequently.  I feel like I get a new theory about his sleep habits everyday but if I don't constantly reflect/troubleshoot, I'll never find answers or make progress, right?

Somebody slept in this morning...
My parents and sisters are vacationing together in Florida for Spring break next week so Ayden and I had made plans to go to my hometown to visit with them all before they left.  We wanted to head that way pretty early so I got up and got the day started while Ayden was still snoozing during that last hour.  When he woke up, I fed him again and then strapped him into the jogger for some exercise (3 days left to get in my 3 workouts!)  I got about a 20 minute run in and definitely got my heart rate up and broke a sweat.  It felt GOOD!  I still have a long way to go to get back to my pre pregnancy fitness level.


When we got back Ayden napped in his crib while I showered and got ready and then we headed to visit with the fam.
Ready to go!!
After visiting with everyone I headed to the dance studio to teach my Friday classes.  Ayden was SOOO good!  The fact that he's entertained by toys now makes a world of difference!  If he's rested and fed, he'll just hang out contentedly until he gets tired again.  Here he is dancing with one of my students:


Now it's time for the weekend which always makes me tired because I still like to stay up "late" (until 10 or 11) with David even though Ayden still goes to bed between 8 and 9.  Going to bed late and waking up early Friday and Saturday make me fit in with the walking dead by Sunday but I just can't seem to give it up.  That's what naps are for, right??




~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment