Wednesday, August 20, 2014

She Believed She Could

I felt pretty run down today.  I stayed up too late last night and then had a hard time getting back to sleep one of the times I got up to use the bathroom.  I think sometimes I lay there in denial of my full bladder, trying to go back to sleep, but it's so full that I can't.  By the time I finally get up, I've been awake for so long that I'm not tired enough to go back to sleep.  I know that this kind of thing is preparation for functioning through newborn exhaustion but it does not bode well for having energy during labor.  One of those double edged swords I suppose...

Since I was so tired, we laid low today.  I did not have anything specific on our agenda today so I called the fam to let them know that I was tired and grumpy and that I'd let them know if I felt like getting together after I got a nap in.  

Walking Mav before lunch.

A nap did the trick!  At least for a while...

Post nap snuggles are the best!!
After our naps and post nap snuggles, we had lunch and then met up with my family at my parent's house for about an hour or so before heading back home.  We made it home just in time to miss getting caught in a downpour of a storm!


We are getting lots of rain which makes for some beautiful, lush landscape but also leaves huge puddles inside our new house...  Another upside is that Ayden gets to play in puddles which is one of his favorite things!



We spotted a fox in our driveway this evening.  



All of our chickens are accounted for at the moment but if it has discovered them, it'll only be a matter of time before it picks them all off.  We don't want to kill it.  That will be the hardest part of being homesteaders for sure!  We think foxes are beautiful and cute.  David and Mav chased it off.  We are hoping that knowing about Maverick's presence might make it stay away?  If not, we'll need to do something about it.  Bummer.

And now I shall leave you with what is now my computer wallpaper:

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
I'm 39 weeks today and baby boy is still nice and cozy in there.

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Toddler Tuesday: Manipulatives"
And two years ago today: "The Beginning Of The End"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has those tired and grumpy pregnant days! Rainy days don't seem to help much either! I am also at 39 weeks and starting to get that impatient and anxious feeling of not knowing when I'll go into labor! It could be any minute or 2 weeks from now. It has been great reading your blog throughout my pregnancy because I think our due dates are just a day apart so I can relate so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can, I think you can! Wishing you lots of rest til baby day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Wyden and my daughter have the same personality. She loveseat and puddles. Also, I hope labor goes good. I admire your courage to ho without epidural. Ouch. You are brave woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the only thing that got me through was remembering that my body was MEANT to give birth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those last few days/weeks are the hardest. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete