Sunday, August 17, 2014

Run Free

My family went cave exploring today and we stayed home and had a nice, normal, relaxing day.  We got lots of sleep last night and when we woke up, Ayden and I snuggled up to watch a movie while David cooked us breakfast.  I usually take breakfast duty on the weekends so David and Ayden can maximize on their quality time since I get so much with Ayden throughout the week. I'm so happy to do that for them but I will say that the break was nice and the french toast he made tasted even better since I didn't make it.

After our movie we got ready and ran some errands together.  That was nice too because most of the errands either David or I could run in really quickly while the other hung out in the car with Ayden.  The couple of errands where we did all go in, we decided to let Ayden practice being on the loose.  With sitting in carts, his stroller or highchairs when we are in public, we've always been very consistent with our expectations.  As a result, Ayden is a great errand buddy and he doesn't have any issue with sitting where he is supposed to for as long as we need him to.  Now that he is getting older, we want to start establishing rules and expectations for him when he sits in big boy chairs or walks with us since we know Logan will eventually need to be the one to be strapped in.

Today was a little trying for him but we know that we just need to make our expectations clear, have consistent consequences and give him patience while he learns to control his impulses and masters the skill of staying with us.  

Running free in the isles of Whole Foods.

We had lunch while we were at Whole Foods so when we got home it was straight to nap time.  He is so consistent with his hour-long nap that I set a timer for 40 minutes and used that time to wash dishes and do a few more household related items.

Like taking inventory and putting away our CSA goodies.

Picked up a couple of extras too!
And then set a timer for 20 minutes to take a nap myself.  He woke up with 20 seconds left on my timer.  I think it's safe to say we've got it down to a science.  Hopefully we can maintain Ayden's predictability after Logan's arrival since that would make things a little easier for sure!

The rest of the day was easy going.  We gave Ayden a bath and got him into bed early and plan to snuggle up for our own movie night.  Today was just what my body and mind needed.    

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Magical Curls"
And two years ago today: "Helping Out"



Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice day. I wish I had put my kids on some type of routine when they were younger. I'm definitely paying for it now.

    ReplyDelete