Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Free Birds

We got some chick netting so the chicks had a MUCH bigger pen today.

Free(er) bird spreading her little wings!
I still left their small pen opened up inside for shelter and the funny part is that they still stayed all huddled together under it for most of the day.

Silly birds.
I'm sure they just need to get comfortable first.
The boys and I tried out the preschool age story time today.  I have a baby and a preschooler so the toddler one still kind of works well but this one is later and will work better with our schedule until the chicks are officially outside 24/7.  As of right now every morning I strap Logan to my back while Ayden and I take them out, and then I (or sometimes David will) bring them in again each evening.  We have a system now but it is still extra work and makes us run late for most of our usual 10am activities.  I goofed when I ordered the chick netting.  We needed two and I only ordered one.  As soon as the second one comes we are incorporating the chicks in with our existing flock and things will be much easier.


By the time we left the library it was lunch time so we picked up some food from a local cafe and took it to the park for a picnic.  Logan slept in the Ergo the whole time so Ayden and I had some quality time together.  


We also went to a flea mall later in the afternoon where we found the light fixture for our bathroom.  I plan to get a can of Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint and it'll match the rest of our fixtures, faucets and door knobs in no time!

Ayden looks thrilled.  Haha.  
I am excited that it is time to start finding cabinets, fixtures and other items for the new house!  I plan to find most of them at thrift stores and garage sales and then sprucing them up to match the decor style we have chosen.  What did people do before Pinterest??


~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "2 Days Towards Weaning"
Two years ago today: "Sarah's Feel Better Tea"
And three years ago today: "Party Time"

Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment