Thursday, April 2, 2015

Naked

Yesterday my beekeeping mentor called me to let me know that our local bee supply store was getting an early shipment of queens.  He told me to call and reserve one, pick her up later in the afternoon and that he'd come and help me get her into our Derby hive.  My mom just happened to be running errands in the vicinity of the bee supply store so she actually stopped and picked her up for me.  He came, as promised, to help me install her into her new home.  We actually took two frames of eggs, larva, capped brood and young bees from our strong yellow hive and transferred them into the Derby hive as well.  Their numbers were a little low so that should help give them a jump start for the season.  We got the new queen put in there and I am supposed to go back in 2-3 days to make sure all of the workers have eaten through the candy plug in her cage that releases her into the hive.  After about a week I am to go back for an inspection to make sure she is laying and everything else looks good.  I seriously don't know what I would do as a beekeeper without my mentor!

While I was out doing this, the boys were playing with my mom at her house (my dad came with us to watch).  When I got back they were all outside playing on their swing set.  I took an adorable photo of each boy that I would insert here only somewhere between taking said photos and getting into the car I lost my phone.  Taking those photos was the last time I remember having it.  We have searched and searched the grass around the swing set, on the swing set itself, on the slide (the last thing I did before we left was ride down it with Ayden), in my beekeeping supplies/clothes, all in the car, in the diaper bag...  We have searched EVERYWHERE and it is just gone.  We have tried calling it but I always have it on vibrate (I don't like it when the ring interrupts the rhythm of our days) and by the time we went searching it was dead and went straight to voicemail anyway.  I'm sure it will turn up at some point since there was no chance it could have been stolen or anything, but I am hoping it is not outside somewhere because it rained all day today.

The boys and I ran errands ALL day and I felt so naked without my phone.  It was amazing how many times I reached for it.  Trying to call ahead about parking, adding items to my to do list, my grocery lists are on there, taking pictures of the boys, touching base with David throughout the day, entertainment while breastfeeding, etc.  At the same time I was interesting to see what else I could fill all of that time with.  The only time not having it was a problem was while I was nursing Logan to sleep last night.  It is the only thing that will keep me awake and since Ayden usually stays awake so I can  snuggle him too a little before I leave the room the poor guy waited quietly and patiently for 40 minutes because I dozed off on him...  I did ask to use the phone at a couple of stores while I was out and about today and the questions really caught them off guard.  I had to repeat my question both times.  Ha! I suppose the need for public phone access is pretty obsolete these days.

~Sarah

Flashback! Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Goats vs. Cows"
Two years ago today: "April Goals"
Ang three years ago today: "C-A-T-S Cats Cats Cats"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar.

3 comments:

  1. You can have my phone. I am so ready to enter a technology free life (my husbands laptop for important stuff occasionally is okay). Its a samsung galaxy 3. Only a month old. I give you a deal. Sells for over 200.00. You can name your price. That's how much I like ya. Interested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have my phone. I am so ready to enter a technology free life (my husbands laptop for important stuff occasionally is okay). Its a samsung galaxy 3. Only a month old. I give you a deal. Sells for over 200.00. You can name your price. That's how much I like ya. Interested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Thank you so much for the offer. I feel ya on being technology free. I have already finished one book and got half way through the next since loosing my phone. I still haven't decided what I want to do but I have to admit that I am an Apple gal through and through. I have heard really good things about galaxy's though! I bet you could get a good deal for it on eBay. Thank you again for the offer.

    ReplyDelete