Monday, April 16, 2012

Learning New Things


Sleep watch 2012 update:


We had a great night!! Ayden slept 4 hours, 3 hours, 2 hours, then 1 hour. Pretty funny if you ask me! I slept well whenever he did which was AMAZING! We made 2 changes that may have made the night better... For Ayden, I was letting him fall asleep without eating for the nap time of his last EASY cycle. Then an hour or two later I'd feed him and we'd all go to bed. Last night when he was ready to sleep, I went ahead and got him ready for bed and fed him and we all went to sleep then and slept for four hours. Not sure if it helped but it'll definitely be worth trying again tonight! As for me getting more sleep, I usually fiddle on my phone while I nurse throughout the night, Facebooking, Pinning, etc. Last night I didn't let myself touch it. I just laid there with my eyes closed trying my best to stay sleepy. When he would finish, I would put him back in his bed and fall back to sleep no problem. Turns out my phone was my problem...


Now for my actual post :).

I think I'm in love...

I started FLYing with FlyLady today and it is what I have been craving! Another huge thank you to Julie who introduced me to this brilliant website! I have been googling and trying to come up with the best cleaning/chore schedule for years (even when I was working) and after just one day I can tell it's exactly what I've been searching for. There are so many aspects to the website that I'm afraid that I won't do it any justice if I try to explain what it's all about so you'll just have to go on over and check it out. What I will say is that it's like a house keeping curriculum which is totally up this teacher's alley...  I felt very accomplished after today!


It would seem that 12 weeks marks some pretty awesome developments for our Ayden :).


We noticed yesterday that he was starting to play with his mouth and spit a lot and also beginning to really take notice of ours.  He started making little raspberries and he smiles so big when we make them back.  I wasn't expecting him to start mimicking us so quickly but he really loves the game!

As for motor developments, it appears that we can't count on him being stationary anymore...


This is how he ended up:

Ayden the helicopter baby!!
He's starting to take notice of and explore the big world around him!  SUCH a fun age :).

Do you FLY?  If not, give it a try and let me know what you think.

~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying it. I have my degree in Early Childhood Education so I know what you mean about it being right up your alley. I think that's why I like it so much. I want to do a video on my Household Notebook when I get it revamped. :) I also put together an expense binder I may do a video on too. Little Ayden is growing so fast! It's so great that you are tracking every new moment of his. You are inspiring me to do the same with this new little one. What great memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'm so excited to check out FlyLady. I am always looking for ways to be more efficient at work and at home, so hopefully this will be another helpful tool! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete