Sunday, April 15, 2012

My First 5k

Sleep Watch 2012 Update:
We took a few steps back last night... We tried putting Ayden in his crib for his first sleep session last night. It lasted about 40 minutes then I brought him back into our room. We're going to keep trying his crib for that initial sleep session but I have no desire to walk back and forth every time he wakes up with the way things are going right now.

Asleep in his crib
Here was how our night went:
Asleep around 10:30pm
Awake around 11:10pm
Asleep around 11:30pm
Awake around 1:45am
Asleep around 2:00am
Awake around 2:40am
Asleep around 3am
Awake around 5am
Pulled him into bed with me to feed
Asleep around 5:30am
Awake for the day at 7.

The times listed above are Ayden's sleep schedule. My sleep was even less...

Always smiley in the mornings :)
After such a night we got up and at 'em early for The Krispy Cream Challenge 5k. We did not partake in the doughnut eating portion but there was the option to eat a dozen doughnuts at the half way mark, then continue on to finish the race. Blah! It was a fundraiser for Habitat For Humanity.
Ayden's Grandma and Grandpa came to hang with him while we ran...
Warming up before the race!
Our neighborhood 5k prep runs had been taking a little over 30 minutes (including breaks to check on/adjust Ayden). Not too impressive from an athletic point of view but good for new parents that have been putting consistent exercise on the back burner.

As for the actual race, David came in at at 25:30 (last summer he ran a 21 so he wasn't TOO excited...) and I came in at 29:45. The best thing about your first race is that you automatically set a personal record! :). I definitely listened to my exhausted body and tried not to push too hard. My goal went from keeping up with David to finishing without stopping to walk and I accomplished that goal :).

Just crossed the finish line!
The time shown behind me is not accurate since I wasn't at the starting line when the horn blew...
Of course it was Sunday so we went to the grocery then headed out to my parent's farm for some fresh air, family time and a steak dinner.

I've shined my sink and we're already in bed. Yet another great day! Now come on sleep!!!!

~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. A 5K after a night like that? You are super woman seriously! :) Congrats on the 5k, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete