Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Trash To Treasure

Ayden checked out an Avengers book from the library last week and has taken an interest in Captain America. His first super hero interest was Thor, then Batman and now he's moved on to Cap. 

After studying his pictures in the book, he declared that he needed a shield. I went to our recycling bin and found an empty pizza box from one of the meals we provided during the shingle party and we turned trash to treasure!






Logan is cutting tooth number 5 and had an uncharacteristically fussy day. He fussed through most of the project and it put me in a tough spot. I had to choose which child to make happy and which to leave unhappy because I could not do both at the same time in this situation. I tried nursing Logan while Ayden painted but Logan ended up biting me (which has been an unfortunate side effect of teething for both of my babies). I put him down and let him cry a little while I helped Ayden finish his sheild. He was so excited about it and I could not bring myself to not finish it for him. 


Everything turned out okay in the end but mama sure was frazzled by the time the shield was drying. I had filled Ayden's quality time tank and we had some quiet time after I got Logan feeling better. All of the stress was worth a full day of imaginative play. 





Just another day in the trenches where there is never a dull moment.

~Sarah

Flashback!  Here's what we were up to one year ago today: "Toddler Tuesday: Mud Pies"
Two years ago today: "Happy July! {Goal Time}"
And three years ago today: "Feeling Crafty"


Thank you for stopping by Life With the Ladniers!
Please take a second to:
 Subscribe via email, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so you'll know as soon as a new post is up!
Miss seeing what Ayden is up to everyday?  Follow us on Instagram!
You can find all of the links in the sidebar

1 comment:

  1. Those moments are the moments I used to fret over during pregnancy "How will I divide my attention? What will I do when they both need me?" And then when baby #2 came I realized that its sort of a case by case basis, but that in the end everyone usually ends up just fine (except mama sometimes!)

    ReplyDelete